North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Avoid them!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+5
Andyg
Caryn190
dudsy
Jonny Gav
Trigger1986
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Trigger1986

Trigger1986

Avoid them!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 11 Apr - 22:22

I bought a sti V4 engine from this company smr_retailer1 on ebay and paid £1500, waited the month for the engine to arrive from japan, no joy. after contacting the company they told me that there had been a problem with the engine wich was ment for me and another one had been ordered. It then took another month and a lot of emails and phone calls to contact the company. After about five months of waiting for the engine and after hearing all of the excuses they were throwing at me, i requested my money back. Spoke to the lad from the company and he said it was going to take at leat two to three weeks for the maney to go back into my bank account as i bought it on my debit card. I informed the bank of what was going on as after the time they had said it would take still had no joy.

It then took the bank another two weeks to get the money back from the company. After the money was bank in my bank accout i went to grade a subaru to buy a wrx engine as i was sick of not having a car. Two hours after buying the engine from grade a subaru, the engine which i have cancelled and got my money back from arrived at the garage where my car had been kept while all of this carry on was happening.

After having the V4 sti engine fitted to my car i was braking the engine in gently but didnt even manage to do the 1000 miles which i had been told to run it in for before all of the gaskets had gone. So off the car went to Andy Kindons, who upon stripping the engine down said there wasn't any gasket used in the car but they had painted this black ring where the gaskets should of been.

But the main problem with this company is that they keep changing there name, i have two of the companys names will post the second one here one i get it from my other computer.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 11 Apr - 22:32

very good info Wink

Glad Andy sorted it for you.
Back to top Go down
dudsy

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 12 Apr - 8:50

:O shocking :O
Back to top Go down
Caryn190

Caryn190

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 12 Apr - 12:38

Kindon to the rescue Very Happy

Glad you got sorted but what a carry on - name and shame them all affraid
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu 15 Apr - 16:54

it had no gasket?? as in head gaskets??? or engine gaskets?
Back to top Go down
Trigger1986

Trigger1986

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu 15 Apr - 18:47

The head gaskets were not there, instead there was this thin black paint and the rest of the gaskets were the wafer thin. So had the lot replaced
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri 16 Apr - 1:44

name and shame them.

as companys who do this really annoy me.
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri 16 Apr - 13:42

may be they had used the paper gaskets as off the very very early cars?? tthe ones that no one use as there shit. Bad crack this mind.

I defo think you should name and shame
Back to top Go down
wrxpaul

wrxpaul

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 18 Apr - 9:40

some shocking news there i would defo name and shame save some one else getting a raw deal from them Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Drew w

Drew w

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 18 Apr - 10:09

thats really shocking news that like but glad u got ya motor sorted i think there should be a name and shame section in the forum so people dont make this sort of mistake again. weed out the good from the bad !
Back to top Go down
scowen

scowen

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 18 Apr - 23:39

Dodgy twats pale affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 19 Apr - 0:11

Drew forums have tp be quite careful what they get involved with, but to be fair I agree people should make people aware of bad ones, but praise when due too (something a lot forget) I would hope we wouldn't have enough posts to make a seperate section but as has been done people can share on here.

Pleased you got sorted Trigger, makes you doubt every business when things like this happen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avoid them!!!!!!!!!   Avoid them!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Avoid them!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1