North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!

Go down 
+7
Rooter
Jonny Gav
Robbo_22
maxboost
stevebt
phils (Rip off) scooby
big deano
11 posters
AuthorMessage
big deano

big deano

scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! Empty
PostSubject: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 10:25

hi guys just thought id advise you hard working guys of this scrupulous and discrasefull company

SCOOBYBITS.CO.UK

AVOID AT ALL COSTS AS YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY WILL BE WASTED PLAIN AND SIMPLE Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 10:32

whats the crack
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 11:16

Aye whats the craic.
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 11:18

Never had any bother with the gear i've bought off them bud, normally next day or the day after delivery, had one mix up which was sorted the next day.
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 11:22

big deano wrote:
hi guys just thought id advise you hard working guys of this scrupulous and discrasefull company

SCOOBYBITS.CO.UK

AVOID AT ALL COSTS AS YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY WILL BE WASTED PLAIN AND SIMPLE Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Scrupulous or disgracefull?? Can't be both Laughing Unscrupulous......?

Think you need to put a REASONABLE explanation up Deano, statement's a touch on the liablous side as it stands.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 12:19

Robbo_22 wrote:
Think you need to put a REASONABLE explanation up Deano, statement's a touch on the liablous side as it stands.

Yep, need an explanation or it will have to be removed I am afraid!
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 13:00

Opinions aren't libelous Wink He can have an opinion on a business all day long and no one can do feck all Smile
I used to slatr harvey and he always mentioed libel but everything I said was my opinion or just plain calling him a wanker and its not libelous even if part of.my sentence is true Wink
Back to top Go down
Rooter

Rooter

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 13:06

Important - Opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of NESF or any individuals directly or indirectly involved in this website or the companies and individuals associated with it. No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on this or any associated or relating bulletin board.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 13:25

Not getting into an argument about it Laughing but a heres good simple explination, taken from - http://www.urban75.org/info/libel.html

"There are two versions of defamation, libel and slander. Libel is when the defamation is written down (including email, bulletin boards and websites), and slander is when the incident relates to words spoken.

In the UK, if someone thinks that what you wrote about them is either defamatory or damaging, the onus will be entirely on you to prove that your comments are true in court. In other words, if you make the claim, you've got to prove it!"

Wink
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 13:36

Read about Libel on wikipedia its virtually impossible to prove and it would have to be small claims as a real coury would not be interested. Small claims you could just mess them about loads as its more of a joke and not really legally binding as the law cannot enforce any judgements Wink
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 13:52

harvey performance no.1 crank regrinder lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 15:52

stevebt wrote:
Read about Libel on wikipedia its virtually impossible to prove and it would have to be small claims as a real coury would not be interested. Small claims you could just mess them about loads as its more of a joke and not really legally binding as the law cannot enforce any judgements Wink

Reading that article, it states anthing you post on a buliten board is not libel at all how ever it can be considered slander, which is even less likely to result in any kind of action being taken.

However, it makes good sense to give some kind of valid reason for such comments

Last edited by D4VEW557 on Sat 2 Apr - 16:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JAMIE555

JAMIE555

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 15:59

and were off Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=58762040956&amp
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: hh   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 18:07

this is my personel experience and not an opinion of this site but meyself and 2 others i have recently had a conversation with

they are selling parts on the ebay as spares or repair and not putting a full discription of .. i bought a set of coilovers off them and advised by scooby bits that 4 locking rings needed only!! i was gunna get rid to buy yellow perils front end and im so pleased nobody bought them as id wouldnt of forgive meself but due to other stuff i decided to keep so sent them for a refurb and was then contacted by the company that they were way too far for an economical repair then contacted another for a second opinion and the same there no more than "scrap" scoobybits advised me that 4 locking rings would be best needed and both companies advised me that 3 top mounts were beyond repair, all 4 shocks were completly shot 2 helper springs once they had spent 20 minutes freeing them were snapped and 2 holes where the bolts go had a hairline crack in it and was very unsafe to use.. contacted the company and they refused point blank to refund..

so i contacted ebay and put in a claim and again refused to refund so i disposed of the goods as i was unwilling to sell to anyone when they were in that state it would have been totally wrong... then when i advised ebay i had disposed of the goods guess what they offerd me a refund but not postage.. i contacted a guy who deals in internet sales and they have not adhered to DSR's and internet long distance law even though the part was second hand they supposingly have a legal obligation to discolse any any all information unsafe with a product and they didnt ..

they then sent me abusive emails and sarcastic ones.. so i have been left with no choice but to go through a small claims court to retrieve my money back.. upon posting i have been contacted about a boost controller and a turbo they sold to 2 individuals boost controller had a smashed front screen and turbo was disribed as perfect working order and was siezed.. they took the same route i did with them and have took the same route as small claims..

i have dealt with this company before and never had a problem but all these problems are recent within the last few months.. i understand companys are struggling at the minute but ripping people off is just plain wrong..

any dealings anyone has had with them i am not insulting in any way as ive dealt with them a few years agao and didnt have a problem but i am now out a lot of money due to there behavior and so are others..

so its just a warning to others not to suffer the same fate as i have as i know that cash is very hard to come by for guys working and making ends meat as most of us are at the minute and cant afford to just throw it away.. just a word of warning if you can buy elsewhere please do so just incase this turns out to be a regular routine

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 20:25

Bad crack that, good luck with getting something sorted.

Thanks for the heads up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ray

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 20:31

Dont sound over good mate, hope you get it sorted
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 20:33

thanks mate i didnt wana go into it too much as i didnt wana bring a bad vibe to the forum but when it comes to hard working guys as most are on this site as lets face it parts are not cheap so if i can stop at least one person on this site from being ripped off its worth it as no one on here should have to have this happen to them Smile
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 20:37

nightmare mate hope you get it sorted!

though you were gonna say you bought a 3" centre section and recieved a 2.5" or something!! lol! lol!

seriouse though hope it dont drag out to long. will small claims not end up potentially costing more than you lost on the coils? is there now way you can get the actual coil overs back?i'd have kept hold of them just in case.
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 20:44

i think you may have shot yourself in the foot by getting rid of the item as i don't suppose they will refund you and in there eyes let you keep the item as well.

Do you have some kind of written report from where ever you sent them to get overhauled, as this could be vital evidence if it goes to court.
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! EmptySat 2 Apr - 20:46

lol! lol! lol! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Razz Razz

i was waiting for that one to come out

nor mate its cost me £25 and thats it

i was gunna keep them but he refused to give a refund and they were leaking gas and tbh i dont know what type of gas so i didnt wana have them in the house as i have 3 young children and i thought the mature thing to do was dispose of them properly..

and tbh mate one of the reasons is i had a funny feeling hed end up asking for them back and i didnt wana send them back for someone else to be ripped off as again i wouldnt feel right as im not that type of person.. me having it done is bad enough but then doing it again no chance.. i asked him what would he do if had kept them and sent them back wouldnt answer kept saying " thats not my concern" which to me means id re-sell them

and yes i have 2 written reports from 2 indipendend companies mate thats why i disposed of them correctly.. i mean i could of sold them on as spares or repair but thats not me i wouldnt wana rip anyone off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!   scoobybits.co.uk avoid!! Empty

Back to top Go down

scoobybits.co.uk avoid!!
Page 1 of 1