North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
One to make the Detailers wince. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
One to make the Detailers wince. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
One to make the Detailers wince. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
One to make the Detailers wince. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

One to make the Detailers wince.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbo_22

One to make the Detailers wince. Empty
PostSubject: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 11 Jun - 19:00

After coming to the firm conclusion that life's too short to spend all day clay barring the car (especially when there's a perfectly good blond in the house who I get much better results from when rubbed with a bit of lube) I had a good look around for an easier alternative. I was initially gonna try Iron X then I found this stuff -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tested a small amount on an inconspicuous area (passanger side wing Laughing ) and waited a suitable time to check for any bad reactions (about 25 seconds cos I'm an impatient twat), then clagged it all over the car, necked a brew and hosed it off. Pretty impressed - for bugger all effort the paint feels much smoother and if it hasn't melted away by tomorrow I'll be chuffed to fook! 100% certain a good clay barring would get better results but I'm happy enough with it for £10 a liter and 30mins work.

And the all improtant Detailers smell test - somewhere between minty freshness and fooking lifting! SICK! But I'm quite enjoying the slightly dizzy headache from sniffing it Suspect

Got it from here (which I can highly recommend) -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And some more info -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Off for a few beers now to top me happy chemical head feelings up Laughing Laughing

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 11 Jun - 20:01

Hey Dave,
Should be pretty good. Hope your paint is still fresh in the morning. What a Face

Bet you were one of the kids at school with the black nostrils from smelling those wonderful magic markers. Enjoy your beers drunken
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 11 Jun - 20:14

Well knowing Subaru's quality paint, who knows Laughing Laughing

Na, setting fire to things was my speciality when I was a young 'un Embarassed Embarassed Got certificates for it off the Police and everything Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 11 Jun - 21:00

did you re-apply any wax i would imagine this strips all wax's or polishes as well
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 11 Jun - 21:42

I couldn't find a definate answer regarding wax so I used it with the thought that it would strip it. Just been out and taken a photo and rain is still beading nicely (used it on the paint but not windows) so it looks like it dosn't strip wax - one less job tomorrow! Very Happy Probs still put another coat or two on though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySat 11 Jun - 23:34

You absolute nut case. I admire your courage. I dont even fart near my car in case the paint work takes exception. Faberge eggs have more toughness than Scooby shells. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySun 12 Jun - 20:04

Laughing Nah, plenty of info on tinterweb saying it's safe to use on bodywork mate. Paint's still on the Impreza!

Pretty impressed with the stuff TBH. Used it this morning as a prewash on Sam's VW which was gopping (goes from Durham to Mboro and back every day and never gets washed), put a good coating on dry, left for a bit and rinsed off. Quick wash and it came up excellent. Even the wheels, which havn't seen daylight for months Laughing Don't think I'd use it for every wash but for heavy dirt or now and again to deep clean the paint I think it's spot on. Wink
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySun 12 Jun - 20:58

so is this stuff like iron X?
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySun 12 Jun - 21:22

Yeah mate, think it's the same sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptySun 12 Jun - 23:52

dave i think those trs in army has affected your judgement..hope for ursake the paint doesnt end up the same place as the water Crying or Very sad hat off too ya for tryin tho
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptyMon 13 Jun - 7:12

Laughing Ne sense of adventure!! It's perfectly safe for paint - top detailing places are hawking it out, and some of the detailing forums are starting to take a liking to it. I'm not as daft as I look Wink Even washed me hands with it - ne burns, skin not come off and nails not fallen out! cheers

Still got a banging heedache off it like Shocked
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. EmptyMon 13 Jun - 7:26

Robbo_22 wrote:
Still got a banging heedache off it like Shocked

It might be ok for the car, but for hair care products stick to Pantene Pro V for beautiful healthy looking hair Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One to make the Detailers wince.   One to make the Detailers wince. Empty

Back to top Go down

One to make the Detailers wince.
Page 1 of 1