North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
motor trade insurance EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
motor trade insurance EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
motor trade insurance EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
motor trade insurance EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
motor trade insurance EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
motor trade insurance EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
motor trade insurance EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
motor trade insurance EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
motor trade insurance EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

motor trade insurance

Go down 
+8
drew@drewsautos
hardy172
FINN
Geordie_Aaron
jamie@evotune
KushBex
Bigclarky
mickymarwood
12 posters
AuthorMessage
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

motor trade insurance Empty
PostSubject: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 21 Sep - 19:17

Anyone know of any cheap traders insurance?
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 21 Sep - 19:25

im currently insured with think motor trade insurance, pretty resonable if i do say so, 4 years no claims on a car and 2 years motor trade no claim, £650 fully comp
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 21 Sep - 19:37

I got a quote a few weeks back through Tradex for working from a garage & mobile and the sods came back with over £2000.

Think what they are trying to do is weed out the playtime trader bunch.

Going to try that Think Motor Trade Insurance - Thanks for the info BigClarky.
Back to top Go down
jamie@evotune

jamie@evotune

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 21 Sep - 19:56

We have ours through Pace Ward they were the best for us

http://www.paceward.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.evotune.co.uk
Geordie_Aaron

Geordie_Aaron

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 21 Sep - 20:05

Bigclarky wrote:
im currently insured with think motor trade insurance, pretty resonable if i do say so, 4 years no claims on a car and 2 years motor trade no claim, £650 fully comp
What's your conditions?

I'm due for renewal the back end of Novemeber and always thought a traders policy would be better suited to me - I usually change cars between 3-6 months because of bordem but didn't look into it properly because i dont have my own business....yet i do BUY the cars...use them....then SELL them?!

could somebody please give me a rough guideline as to how they do/dont work for joe public per say - or how the rules can be ever so slightly massaged to work for joe public?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Aaron.P85
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 21 Sep - 20:24

cheers for the imput guys
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 21 Sep - 21:54

am gunna look into anutha traders policy next week.

tryed 4 weeks ago, but soon as a said 98% ov cars i work on wer subaru they didnt want too no Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

might have too tell a few little lies next time Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 21 Sep - 22:16

a lad at work says he uses trade wise? £500 a year it costs him
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 21 Sep - 22:38

nearly all trader polics wont let joe public use them ,I had tp be over 25 lol I had to prove i was trade before they'd quote and owning a scooby was a nightmare if anything happens to my own car i get trade value -20%. They'll cover any car i drive fully comp but only let me put the wagon on after 2yrs been insured by them and refused to put the Sti on it, Cost me about a grand/year due to having a 7 1/2 ton recovery truck
Back to top Go down
jonesy81

jonesy81

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyThu 22 Sep - 1:43

i am with trade wise 0 no claims pay 900 this year i went through search engine quote me today and all i said was part time and home mechanic its not far from truth and they not botherer how many cars etc like sum i have had in the past wanting min off 12 cars per year on there policy as i said was buying and selling from the door
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyThu 22 Sep - 8:33

did you tell them ya had a impreza
Back to top Go down
GIPA

GIPA

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyThu 22 Sep - 10:44

Same probs with me it was a nightmare when I was under 25 with a scoob on only one company would touch it , yal find it hard to get one that insures a import scooby I've had to got through a brokers I'l have a look Nd see who I'm with I pay 1100 with 5yrs no claims
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyThu 22 Sep - 11:28

people think its the cheap way to insure scoobys but its not most wont cover ya owning a impreza turbo or evo and if they do they shaft ya with price and if ya have a claim you get bottom book minus a percentage of that of the value, i was told last renewal that all trader polics are not covering people under 25 and without proof of being in the motor trade as a ocupation to stop joe bod getting trade policies
Back to top Go down
jonesy81

jonesy81

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyThu 22 Sep - 11:57

drew wrote:
did you tell them ya had a impreza

yeah mate i did its on policy and put keiths on when we picked up from finns i have had no problems with them at all and i am 30 i actually said that that this was me own car aswell so would be on policy all the time no probs never asked any more about it
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyThu 22 Sep - 14:24

I was wanting one so I can get a cheap run around for work but might just stick to the normal insurance
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyTue 4 Oct - 23:11

BUMP

thort a would bump this thread 2 see if anyone got any good deals on motortrade policies yet ?
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 5 Oct - 1:03

FINN wrote:
BUMP

thort a would bump this thread 2 see if anyone got any good deals on motortrade policies yet ?

long gone are the days of good deals on trader policies, most wont entertain the likes of subarus, i pay over 2k, a mate buys n sells cars for a living, him and his bro, theyv been with same company 4 years, theyv just bought an impreza to sell and really struggling to get any cover atall on it
Back to top Go down
warwickd

warwickd

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance EmptyWed 5 Oct - 4:38

mine is down to 1200 this year with 3 years no claims (motor trade) with DNA insurance and i made sure it covered my import impreza
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: motor trade insurance   motor trade insurance Empty

Back to top Go down

motor trade insurance
Page 1 of 1