North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
vibration under braking EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
vibration under braking EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
vibration under braking EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
vibration under braking EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
vibration under braking EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
vibration under braking EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
vibration under braking EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
vibration under braking EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
vibration under braking EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

vibration under braking

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kempy85

kempy85

vibration under braking Empty
PostSubject: vibration under braking   vibration under braking EmptySun 2 Oct - 16:01

i think i may have found out why i wasgetting vibration from my front passenger wheel

1 of the pots was not coming out of its housing think i may have sorted it now

iiii hope doin me head in
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: vibration under braking   vibration under braking EmptySun 2 Oct - 18:16

looks like its still doin it
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: vibration under braking   vibration under braking EmptySun 2 Oct - 18:23

Warped disc?, fooked hub?, goosed bearing?, shagged pads?
All technical terms there for you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vibration under braking   vibration under braking EmptySun 2 Oct - 18:25

Pauls was knackered discs but we also had the calipers revamped by Finn@ Finn Tech Performance Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: vibration under braking   vibration under braking EmptySun 2 Oct - 18:41

the discs dont look warped i put then on a flat surface n was ok it was 1 of the piston s not comin out so i unseezed as best as i could n put back together but it still doin in doin me head in
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: vibration under braking   vibration under braking EmptyMon 3 Oct - 7:56

Now where do I start ?

Ive been tackling this issue for 2 yrs and only just got it sorted. Looking at it with some hindsight one thing I'd say is check each side in turn, as on these cars you tend to do things in pairs (tyres, discs, pads etc) which potentially masks issues.

After changing almost everything to do with the braking system on the car (and I really do mean everything you can think of and more, to the tune of about £1500), it turned out to be a knackered hub and carrier assembly, BUT it was only evident once everything was taken off the car. You couldnt tell when it was in place. And it was only obvious after changing just the LH side disc, leading us to focus on this area.

I went through 5 sets of discs, 4 sets of pads, 2 sets of droplinks, 2 sets of ARB bushes, brake master cylinder replaced, brake supply lines replaced, 2 sets of braided hoses, a full brake caliper refurb, 3 changes of fluids, 3 lots of wheel balancing, 3 attempts at alignment, god knows what else, including testing Andy Kindons patience on one or two occassions and countless sleepless night considering torching my pride and joy.

Thankfully the boys and girls on here helped keep my faith alive and I'm still here to tell the tale and almost laughing about it now. If you want to drop me a PM with your phone number and I'll tell you what else we did and then point you in the direction of someone who can physically help.

Ive been there and I feel for you mate, but you can get this sorted, I'm sure of it.

Amen
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: vibration under braking   vibration under braking EmptyMon 3 Oct - 11:24

Maybe you need a new caliper altogether?
I had something similar on mine. Vibrations coming
from the wheel and pulling to one side too.
Solved the problem buy just purchasing a new caliper
and didn't have to get new discs or pads.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: vibration under braking   vibration under braking EmptyMon 3 Oct - 11:56

Ive just talked to Kempy and suggested he try and get the car along to the meet tomorrow night for one of the spanner monkeys to drive it and get the feeling he's getting. His issue sounds a little bit different from mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vibration under braking   vibration under braking Empty

Back to top Go down

vibration under braking
Page 1 of 1