North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Ideas for a new car EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Ideas for a new car EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Ideas for a new car EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Ideas for a new car EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Ideas for a new car EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Ideas for a new car EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Ideas for a new car EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Ideas for a new car EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Ideas for a new car EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Ideas for a new car

Go down 
+6
Walwal
KushBex
Dan G
Jonny Gav
keffer
Richie c
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Richie c

Richie c

Ideas for a new car Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySat 1 May - 21:38

Right we've got a Astra SXI 1.6 on a 02 plate looking to trade it in on a newer car but what Question
Few rules for this game maximum price is £6000 Similar size to the current car It can't be a Subaru unfortunately no group 20 cars no big German barges either as the bint can't drive for toffee.
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySat 1 May - 21:42

toyota avensis
toyota verso
vw golf
ford c-max

there you go Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySat 1 May - 21:47

If I had that list to choose from I think I would just kill myself!!!

Get yasel another scoob man, you know you want to, get a uk version, only group 17 Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySat 1 May - 21:52

lol
they're not the bad
well the first 2 Laughing
he said no scoob so i gave some idea's Smile
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySat 1 May - 21:53

Fook it mate get another subaru Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySat 1 May - 21:55

Kind of daft question in here really Laughing spend less on the car to help with insurance, simples Suspect
Back to top Go down
Richie c

Richie c

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySat 1 May - 22:51

keffer wrote:
toyota avensis to big
toyota verso to crap
vw golf to boring
ford c-max just a no

there you go Smile
Back to top Go down
Richie c

Richie c

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySat 1 May - 22:54

Insurance fuel and tax rule out a scoob plus she hates em.
So come on sensible ideas looked at a civic type r but did nowt for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySat 1 May - 23:14

Get her a run about (small) use the rest to buy yourself something decent Smile
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 5:39

Hey what about a Scoob in sleeper mode: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201017357961937/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_4_years_old/model/forester/make/subaru/radius/1501/postcode/dh77fe/page/1?logcode=p

Bet the insurance or a 2.5 Turbo Forester is nowhere near Impreza insurance as its an SUV and boy racer types and car theives dont go for SUV's!

Loads of cheaper ones as well but thought that I would put a newish one on to get you tempted back into the Subaru's.

PS> Parking sensors to front and rear help the wife parking it! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Richie c

Richie c

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 8:50

Ok my fault i should have stated in caps the car is for HER i've got a van at the moment for work so that i can save my pennys for a shiney white Hawkeye spec C Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 8:59

Golf diesel
Seat Leon
Ford Focus

Basically, any Eurobox. If it's going to be your lasses car, has she any thoughts??
Back to top Go down
Richie c

Richie c

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 9:26

Scouring autotrader for days now everything looks the same and is boring as hell looks like we're doomed to dullsville Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Walwal

Walwal

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 9:28

Richie c wrote:
Scouring autotrader for days now everything looks the same and is boring as hell looks like we're doomed to dullsville Rolling Eyes

Yep, that's about the score when the criteria involves a woman's input lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 9:28

Seat Leon Cupra - understated and easy to drive for her, bit of fun for you.
Back to top Go down
NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 9:58

Octavia Vrs, fast, spacious, and pretty dam good on fuel. Or I have the Audi 2.5 if you want to go sleepersville, been all over the country yesterday looking at cars for my mates younger brother, and I got 570 miles out of £65!!!!! Worked out at 49.6 mpg, not bad for a 2.5 quattro!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mowngo.biz
Richie c

Richie c

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 11:32

Leon looks interesting octavia thinking outside the box there well done steve never thought of a skoda might be to big for her though will have a look cyclops
Back to top Go down
NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 11:37

Richie c wrote:
Leon looks interesting octavia thinking outside the box there well done steve never thought of a skoda might be to big for her though will have a look cyclops

Same floor plan as A VW Bora, was she ok with size scooby, if she was then you'll be ok with Octavia. Very Happy Loved mine and when I sold it made a very health £1500 profit!!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mowngo.biz
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 12:26

Well if its for your lass - cheap insurance, cheap tax & 50 odd mpg. How about a pokey little shopping trolley like this 100hp Diesel Polo: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201017357607778/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/6000/price-from/4000/model/polo/make/volkswagen/radius/1501/keywords/gti/postcode/dh77fe/page/2?logcode=p

I have the 105hp engine in my Caddy with a tuning box puts out around 145hp. Damn quick for a little van. So in a smaller car like the Polo even quicker. You can do a cheap resistor mod on the fuel temperature sensor which will overfuel at higher revs & boost upto an extra 40hp.
Back to top Go down
Richie c

Richie c

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 16:36

Well visited every dealer in the north east today or feels like it and shes decided she likes 3door new shape Astra's i guess if we find a decent tdi it can be fettled with to produce some more oomph now just need to find a red/black/white one that's a 1.7/1.9/tdi until she decides on something else the morra
Back to top Go down
mr terzo

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 16:57

i've got a mk1 focus on a 2001 x reg with 35,000 miles for sale if its any good to you
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 16:59

Richie c wrote:
shes decided she likes 3door new shape Astra's i guess if we find a decent tdi it can be fettled with to produce some more oomph now just need to find a red/black/white one that's a 1.7/1.9/tdi until she decides on something else the morra

If you go for the 100hp 1.7CDTi the best you can get with a tuning box etc is going to be around 120hp & 290Nm.

If you go for the 120hp 1.9CDTi the best you can get is 144hp & 330Nm.

But if you get a 150hp 1.9CDTi you can get it upto 180hp. Fantastic torque for an Astra diesel - 375Nm.

These guys are based in Stanley (I think) and well respected for their Vauxhall diesel tuning boxes amongst GM performance clubs etc.: http://www.tdperformance.co.uk/cars/vauxhall-tuning.html
Back to top Go down
Richie c

Richie c

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 18:10

KushBex wrote:
Richie c wrote:
shes decided she likes 3door new shape Astra's i guess if we find a decent tdi it can be fettled with to produce some more oomph now just need to find a red/black/white one that's a 1.7/1.9/tdi until she decides on something else the morra

If you go for the 100hp 1.7CDTi the best you can get with a tuning box etc is going to be around 120hp & 290Nm.

If you go for the 120hp 1.9CDTi the best you can get is 144hp & 330Nm.

But if you get a 150hp 1.9CDTi you can get it upto 180hp. Fantastic torque for an Astra diesel - 375Nm.

These guys are based in Stanley (I think) and well respected for their Vauxhall diesel tuning boxes amongst GM performance clubs etc.: http://www.tdperformance.co.uk/cars/vauxhall-tuning.html

Nice one thanks mate think the 150bhp model looks like a winner Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 18:23

The Leon is such a boaring car. Unless you get a Cupra R. Had one never again.

Fabia VRS Very fast and nice but the Seats are just horrible

Octavia VRS very nice and basicly as said jut s a Bora/Golf
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car EmptySun 2 May - 19:06

Used to love my Leon Cupra - not in scoob terratory but a good little daily driver. Entertaining in the wet Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a new car   Ideas for a new car Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for a new car
Page 1 of 1