North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

auto to manual gearbox conversion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dazer_70

dazer_70

auto to manual gearbox conversion Empty
PostSubject: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyTue 8 Nov - 1:08

heres another question for you boffins Question purchased my first scooby a couple of years ago for cheap as it was a non runner lol! Turned out to be the timing tensioner had failed and made the timing belt jump a couple of teeth....By the way its a 94 wagon wrx sa import.HAve changed the belt and tensioner and engine runs sweet..Being fitted with an auto gearbox i decided it wouldn"t be fun for what i had planned so replaced the gearbox from a manual ra with hyraulic clutch.Everything works as it should but am having trouble with the wiring affraid .As some of you will be aware there are 2 plugs coming through the bulkhead with an array of wires and the manual has one plug coming from it which if i"m right in thinking is for the reverse light switch...I've traced three of the wires which co-ordinate with the loom coming through the bulkhead but am left with a black and red wire which i presume is a switched live???Ideally i'd like to make the wiring look oem and was wondering if its posssible to trace all the wiring back and remove it with the auto box ecu?....Have been told i need to join a couple of wires to enable the car to start and another to enable the key release..have been told that the ecu is different for the manual compared to the auto..and this affects the fuelling.Would it be easier to change the full dash loom to that of a manual???....If so does anyone have a dashboard loom lying arround that i could purchase??? Rolling Eyes I]d like to get my scooby on the road soon after i have cracked the problems with the wiring and sorted the bodywork....Please help as i have no idea where wiring is concerned... affraid
Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: Re: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyTue 29 Nov - 22:29

anybody???????????HELP
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyWed 30 Nov - 3:42

can you take pics ov plugs on loom and on gearbox...

the early cars (like yours) are cable driven speedo

so you should only have reverse switch , and possibly neutral position switch. (not 100% sure about neutral position switch) will find out for you

also am sure the auto's have a transmission temp sensor, where the manuals dont..

Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: Re: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyWed 30 Nov - 22:35

Thanks for that finn will get the pictures asap......It is a cable driven speedo...Have been told the easiest solution is to keep the selector from the side of the autobox plugged in and kept in the neutral position and hide it out of the way although i'd prefer to do away with this as i've also been told i only need to fuse 2 wires together to bypass the switch...The 2nd option sounds better as i'd like to make it look oem as possible......i'll keep you updated with the pictures as soon as i can.....cheers m8
Back to top Go down
GIPA

GIPA

PostSubject: Re: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyThu 1 Dec - 17:07

I was going to convert my foz from auto to manual, but it was too much involved for me nd just put an auto
The radiator needs changed aswell !
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyThu 1 Dec - 18:47

GIPA wrote:
I was going to convert my foz from auto to manual, but it was too much involved for me nd just put an auto
The radiator needs changed aswell !
the oil cooler on the bottom ov the rad can just be left disconnected wen converting auto box t a manual box Wink
Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: Re: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptySat 3 Dec - 23:43

I just looped the oil cooler pipe back onto itself.....Not a problem i can source a manual radiator if theres too much pressure running through it......Biggest headache for me being the wiring
Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: Re: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptySat 24 Dec - 2:07

anyone know whether putting a manual dashboard harness would cure my wiring problems??...want to make it look oem as possible and get it up and running during the winter....
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion EmptyWed 28 Dec - 2:58

daz mate you say a dashboard wiring are you aware its a the full loom lol. i mean if you wish you can come and see befor i fit a dash and engine into the sti just fitted the loom today and i dont recomend it with the engine in at all. but on the other hand i did say ide help out and ive removed 2 and fitted one so i know where the routing goes to save time mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: auto to manual gearbox conversion   auto to manual gearbox conversion Empty

Back to top Go down

auto to manual gearbox conversion
Page 1 of 1