North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
engine change on logbook v5 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
engine change on logbook v5 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
engine change on logbook v5 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
engine change on logbook v5 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
engine change on logbook v5 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
engine change on logbook v5 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
engine change on logbook v5 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
engine change on logbook v5 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
engine change on logbook v5 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

engine change on logbook v5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
drew160387

engine change on logbook v5 Empty
PostSubject: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptyWed 14 Dec - 19:11

ok guys seens as im reshelling my car and possibly running with the new shells plate im wondering if any of you know what the actual crack is as i carnt find a simple answer on the net.

basicly the shels a v5 sti (finns old car) now its going to have a uk turbo engine put into it. from what i read if i chnage the engine i need proof of purchase as different engine size.
what size are the sti i assume they where all 2.0 turbos just different internal heads ecus ect thus giving them more power

now ide be crazy to be paying sti insurance on a uk turbo lol. ive read that i can get written headed confirmation from a garage ie if say andy k checked it over write it was a uk turbo engine. would that be enough for them as is still a 2.0 turbo just not 300 n odd bhp.

bit cinfusing so can anyone shed any light on this as it may be easyier to register a chassis change on my books
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptyWed 14 Dec - 19:39

same engine mate, in cubic capacity anyway. i would leave it sti on logbook and fit a red crinkled inlet, be worth more on resale imo
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptyWed 14 Dec - 19:41

Regarding insurance its still a sti so engine shouldn't make a difference in cost

As gaz says Smile
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptyThu 15 Dec - 17:05

So insurance on a uk turbo and a jap sti are the same lol

Bound to be more oh well looks like be far to much to prove so seems im guna be running a uk turbo on jap sti insurance lol i realy need to up power to justify it lol

Of topic but what other bits i need to get its power up
I have as follows
Tdo5
Chipped 7d ecu
Raised boost to 1 bar via manual boost controller
Decat straight through exhaust

Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptyFri 16 Dec - 9:47

End of the day the car is still a sti, the sti has better things fitted than a wrx version it's not just the engine
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptyFri 16 Dec - 11:58

insurance goes by vehicle reg number, ie you will pay insurance for wat it says on log book v5 sti
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptyFri 16 Dec - 16:12

Just change chassis number on the turbos logbook. Cheaper insurance and less fook on.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptyFri 16 Dec - 22:31

Yellowperil wrote:
Just change chassis number on the turbos logbook. Cheaper insurance and less fook on.

ya carnt just change a chassis number as thats what id's the shell,its illegal to do and also a mot failure if chassis numbers been tampered with vosa and pc plod will knock on ya door (ringer)
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptyFri 16 Dec - 23:35

Yellowperil wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked if ya change a cars id yal be commiting a whole string of vry serious offences, theres no way round it, no one can change a cars id
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptySat 17 Dec - 0:07

Theres the option to submit a chassis change on the logbook im sure. Wasnt implying to do anything illegal just afaik, it was possible and legal to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptySat 17 Dec - 0:12

2nd one down

engine change on logbook v5 372a1e34
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptySat 17 Dec - 1:19

A chassis change is totaly legit if confirmed with v5 maybe vic test is needed i know what you lot are saying about a sti extras but itl have none just a sti kit and chassis no sti interior as of yet. Going to ring dvla and get there verdict as its a complicated matter im deeling with here and could be only option to refit full sti including engine lol.
Peril is right on chassis change as why elses would a v5 state it if its illegal. No offence to anyone and this is totaly legit reshell befor i get mistaken to be ringin the car ie a ringer would have my plates on the sti shell without vosa knowing
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptySat 17 Dec - 8:10

I'm sure once a shells been given a chassis number it cant be changed, unless its id has been removed by sum means then (used to been given a Q plate) it becomes a nigtmare because you've got to produce info of its year of manufacture for dvla to be able to give it a year related plate,

The chassis bit on the book i thinkis just there for if theres a cockup in the chassis no. where numbers/lette have been printed in the incorrect order sumhow,I'm sure they dont/didnt allow you to change the Id (but it may have changed

I think you'lll be opening a big can of worms trying to change it with dvla
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 EmptySat 17 Dec - 9:36

vin can be changed if car was re shelled but only with a brand new shell(blank id) , absolutely no way can an id of one car ie the uk turbo be put onto another car, ie the sti, perril must ov had too many shandies last nite lol! you CAN NOT re shell a car with another shell thats already registered, yal end up in jail
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: engine change on logbook v5   engine change on logbook v5 Empty

Back to top Go down

engine change on logbook v5
Page 1 of 1