North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crad08

crad08

Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  Empty
PostSubject: Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,    Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyFri 14 Sep - 16:01

i recently had uk2000 engine ecu / but have bought sti engine ecu so iv gone from 215 bhp hopefully upto ??? I need ur help lol

Recentley bought a rebuilt v4 sti engine off finn , iv also got the vf28,440 injectors, orange maff, 6s ecu , 3 inch zorst,manual boost , hks induction kit ,fmic, 255 fuel pump ,

What cud i expect with these mods as i carnt afford a remap yet , i was running uk2000 engine ecu etc , but now iv fitting this lot next week so hopefully shud have few more horses lol ,

Is it true that ecu is standard 300 bhp ? As it says in the tech section it is , what boost can i up mine to for bit more power but be safe

Been off the road 4 months and it shud be bk next week so just wanting a rough guide , on power

To top it off looks diffrent too as when it was off road with no engine i destickerd it from it gold stickers on green paint and gave it a colour change from green to matt black :-))
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,    Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyFri 14 Sep - 16:03

Run on v power
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,    Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyFri 14 Sep - 16:56

Colour change won't make it faster but engine mods will Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,    Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyFri 14 Sep - 17:32

Mine and lee's classic ran 300bhp on standard v4 Sti ecu! Wiv front mount intercooler, 3" exhaust , kn air filter and a few other bits and bobs done
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,    Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyFri 14 Sep - 18:00

was hoping for over 300 ,,,shud be better than when it was uk2000,,,
was that on standard boost and with no remap trev,, also what boost can i run as i think its 1 bar standard,? anyone else running simular mods. and have a rough guide

one last thing which rr best to use to get my figures when its running,
Back to top Go down
lee

lee

PostSubject: Re: Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,    Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyFri 14 Sep - 18:39

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the v4 ecu was non remapable and maxed out at 300bhp

After the engine rebuild to a 2.1 running standard boost on the vf28 it ran 297bhp at motorscope, then fitted a fmic and change the exhaust from the 2.5" to a 3" and it ran 301bhp at teg Motorsport
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,    Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptyFri 14 Sep - 19:05

Yeah i agree that its not mappable or can be chipped ,but i think there was a for sale thread on ages ago i think it was gipa selling a turbo , same ecu , orange maff and im sure he said on thread if u use a boost controler cud be around 330 plus ,,, but this thread was ages ago and i mite have misread it , i just thought it was a case of running a bit more boost etc and i cud be around the 320 mark ,dont get me wrong either way im happy as its an increase of at least 70 bhp from when i had my uk engine in , and i understand to get the power i want safely i will need a mappable ecu with remap but that will be in the future , when funds allow or i get a new job , thanks for the replys thou like i say il be happy to have it back when its up and running next week hopefully

6S ECU code = 440cc injectors, 300ps VF23 turbo ,,, this was off the locked tech thread so that why i was thinking with my little mods ontop it mite have been around 320 thanks
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,    Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  EmptySat 15 Sep - 12:22

Specs are normaly from subaru and tbh vary from car to car as far as bhp some hit 301 some hit 310. Youd be looking at 300-315 ide say with raised boost. Alot do it but if its safe im unsure lol i did it with a uk car but it ended miserably. Tge actual cause was unknow i didnt look into it just scrapped the car n started a long project lol .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,    Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,  Empty

Back to top Go down

Colour change , engine swap ,, what power to expect please ,
Page 1 of 1