North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( Empty
PostSubject: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 14:49

Can anyone please help - I have bought a Blu Ray player in place of our normal dvd player but haven't a clue how to link everything up - I'd be very grateful if someone could please help me?

We have a HD tv (hitachi) - a sky hd and the Blu Ray player (hitachi)

Very confused as to how to link it all up and the diagrams in the booklet don't make things any easier - so if anyone is technical minded and can help please?

Thanks
Nic
Back to top Go down
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:14

how many HDMI inputs does the TV have? If it has more than one, just connect the sky to HDMI1 on the TV and the Blu-Ray player (assuming it came with a HDMI cable) to HDMI2 on the TV.
If the Blu-Ray didnt come with a HDMI cable go on ebay and get one off there, do NOT buy an expensive one from Currys/Comet, they are exactly the same as the ebay ones
Back to top Go down
http://www.carkandy.co.uk
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:15

Should be pretty simple Nic. HDMI lead from player to HDMI input #2 on your telly (assuming SKy connected to #1).
Not much else unless you need to connect to surround sound system or external speaker system etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:20

Thanks for your help Very Happy

Stupid telly has an hdmi 1 at the front inside a little flap but useless there - can't leave the flap open all the time will look stupid - sky is currently in the hdmi2 on the back of the telly.

Someone mentioned to me about a 2 into 1 hdmi adaptor - will that work?

Thanks
Nic
Back to top Go down
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:23

Something like this

HMDI Splitter

Is what you need
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:24

Great thanks Very Happy ur a star Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:27

oh bugger .. so is it hdmi to hdmi cable i need from the blu ray to the little box - sorry i know i'm thick lol
Back to top Go down
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:28

You're welcome, I tries my best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:29

Mrs_Mid_Life_Crisis wrote:
oh bugger .. so is it hdmi to hdmi cable i need from the blu ray to the little box - sorry i know i'm thick lol

Yes, a HDMI cable from your Blu-Ray to the little box, a HDMI cable from sky to the little box and a HDMI from the little box to your TV. So, 3 HDMI's in total, all the same, HDMI to HDMI, just like the sky one is now
Back to top Go down
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:30

like this one

HDMI Cable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:33

Thanks - that's one headache out the way - god I feel old, I used to be able to keep up with all this malarkey ... now it all just goes swoooooooosh right over my head lol Very Happy

Thanks again ... my order is in for my bits and pieces on ebay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( EmptyTue 19 Jun - 15:50

anytime Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(   Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky &  blu ray ?? :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Help please :( how the hell to connect tv, sky & blu ray ?? :(
Page 1 of 1