North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Which turbo and headers EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Which turbo and headers EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Which turbo and headers EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Which turbo and headers EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Which turbo and headers EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Which turbo and headers EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Which turbo and headers EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Which turbo and headers EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Which turbo and headers EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Which turbo and headers

Go down 
+3
discodaz
Steviedoo
LouiHerbert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

Which turbo and headers Empty
PostSubject: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 17:32

Im currently running a WRX Blob at 345bhp with Walbro fuel pump, STI TMIC, STI injectors and STI Turbo with a full stainless and decat. I am wanting to sell my VF35 for a TD05 16g or 18g. Not sure which one, I dont mind keeping the same power but I dont want tonlose any and obviously cant push much more power on the WRX box and engine. Also Im after some stainless headers and up pipe, im a complete noob when it comes to headers, I know unequal are more rumbly and equal arent, also up oipes im clueless. Im about to google them but I thought while I was asking about the turbo I thought id drop a comment about headers. Cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/louimfc
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 17:41

If you're not bothered about more power, why do you want to sell your turbo to fit a tdo5 turbo scratch
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 18:04

i would not bother changing anything mate,you will put your gearbox at risk taking it over 360
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 18:47

He wants chatter and is not bothered about extra power.. Loui your existing headers are fine m8 no need to change them they are expensive and a complete waste of time if you want to keep your power level the same..
Back to top Go down
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 19:01

Yeah im after the chatter, If theres no point then fair enough. What kind of gains do you see from headers and up pipe?
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 19:08

LouiHerbert wrote:
Yeah im after the chatter, If theres no point then fair enough. What kind of gains do you see from headers and up pipe?

Seems a lot of expense to go to just to get chatter, cost of new turbo, headers, up pipe and re-map won't be cheap.
Back to top Go down
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 19:13

I would sell my turbo to pay for the TD05, I was going to get it mapped anyway so im not spending more than I was going to originally. Im justbgetting the map tweaked too, not a full remap
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 19:23

natski wrote:
He wants chatter and is not bothered about extra power.. Loui your existing headers are fine m8 no need to change them they are expensive and a complete waste of time if you want to keep your power level the same..

Couldn't agree more, power wise the vf35 and TD05 16g are comparable, both will do around 350hp with the right supporting mods,the TD05 18G will do more and is comparable to a VF43/VF48 power wise (up to 380hp with the right supporting mods)

The advantage the TD has over the VF is it is a more robust unit-

Here is a pic of a VF48 bearing (left) and a TD05 bearing (right), it doesn't end with the bearings either.

Which turbo and headers 23FEDE06-D1C0-419C-9451-00FDC39E6C30-1907-000001BE08327932_zps5db6b0e6

Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 19:44

Steviedoo wrote:
LouiHerbert wrote:

Seems a lot of expense to go to just to get chatter, cost of new turbo, headers, up pipe and re-map won't be cheap.

Ahhhhhmmmm lol spend the dollar and get chatter !!!!!! Pssssstttteeer
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 19:50

Byers I have said if he comes thru to mine I will take him up to Hartlepool to see you. Just so he can hear the difference between top mount blanking plate and front mount chatter Very Happy
Will have to arrange something for next weekend maybe ??
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 19:53

Jonny didn't you also do a strength test on the VF and TD compressor wheels and found the TD ones to be much stronger Smile
Back to top Go down
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 20:03

TD it is, I have made my decision. Also im cracking up be stuck at 350, at first I didnt mind but now I want more. How much can you pick up a rear end damaged STI? I am owed 4 grand but also owe 4 grand out, I wonder if its possible to knick the STI box, wiring loom and engine etc. and sell my WRX box and engine and break the rest of the STI to make my money back... hmm :/ I will search the net tonight, if its possible then I may invest. If not then il just stick with my 345 and a chatter Wink
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 20:25

LouiHerbert wrote:
Headers will add HP but they are expensive.. But Finn or Drew off here can port your existing headers for you I think they do them for £100 exchange Very Happy. Porting your headers will add a little HP but also help to reduce lag..
Would also reccomended a trick up pipe from Alyn at AS Performance in Birtley.. This will reduce lag by a lot and they only cost around £150 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 20:28

Yer just gis a shout am in at week end
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyThu 14 Mar - 21:10

natski wrote:
Jonny didn't you also do a strength test on the VF and TD compressor wheels and found the TD ones to be much stronger Smile

Yeah I did mate.
Back to top Go down
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyFri 15 Mar - 9:12

Just found out mine is running a VF34 and not a 35. Are the VF34 and VF35 very similar? Or will this change the comparison between the VF34 and TD05?
Back to top Go down
tomo

tomo

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers EmptyFri 15 Mar - 9:18

Iv got a vf34 at home waiting for a rebuild lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which turbo and headers   Which turbo and headers Empty

Back to top Go down

Which turbo and headers
Page 1 of 1