North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Not starting when hot EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Not starting when hot EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Not starting when hot EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Not starting when hot EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Not starting when hot EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Not starting when hot EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Not starting when hot EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Not starting when hot EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Not starting when hot EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Not starting when hot

Go down 
+3
Jonny Gav
maxboost
maca
7 posters
AuthorMessage
maca

maca

Not starting when hot Empty
PostSubject: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 13:48

Got a little issue with my car not firing up when its hot.

Fired up this morning no problem then took it out for around half an hour of hard (ish) driving to get it nice and hot, brought it home and switched off, left for 5-10 mins and it wouldn't fire up it just turns and turns. Been looking about this forum in the search engine and on Scoobynet to see what other people have done to fix this and the following things have kept cropping up

1) coolant temp, cam position or crank sensor

2) Due to ECU issues and temp changes the ECU thinks the engine is still cold and over fuels flooding the engine

3) fuel leakage causing loss of fuel pressure

4) due to high temps around the fuel lines from the engine and turbo etc the fuel is evaporating in the fuel lines when switching off meaning there isn't any fuel at the ready for the injectors to fire

Its got an issue at high revs when driving (EML keeps coming on) which will be sorted next sunday (doesn't hold back or anything)  so should I start swapping out sensors or should I wait for Andy to have a look at it????

Theres no fuel leak so I know its not that but I could possibly have an ECU issue which makes me kind of think to wait for Andy, theres no harm in changing the sensors i suppose, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 16:41

Mine did that on my old car with the Simtek fitted, took 2mins to fix with a change of injector opening time/load whilst cranking.(or sommit like that) Won't hurt to try, coolant, cam & crank sensors to rule them out before Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 18:28

What ECU are you on mate? If it's a mafless then as Mark says a quick adjustment will sort it out, I wouldn't bother swapping things just yet.
Back to top Go down
Mick T

Mick T

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:14

We had the same problem on the banger with a simtec ecu. Never did get to the bottom of it. Also maf less and mr F mapped it twice and could not find a problem with map. Was told it may be a leaking injector
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:25

Jonny Gav wrote:
What ECU are you on mate? If it's a mafless then as Mark says a quick adjustment will sort it out, I wouldn't bother swapping things just yet.
Got a simtek on mate ( running mafless), personally I think it could be down to the ECU/map/running issue im currently having so rather than pay for some sensors I may not need I might just hang on till Sunday

If Andy cant pick anything up when he puts it on the laptop I'll start with the sensors.

Cheers for the input lads its a piece of mind to keep my arse from twitching lol! 
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:33

Mick T wrote:
We had the same problem on the banger with a simtec ecu. Never did get to the bottom of it. Also maf less and mr F mapped it twice and could not find a problem with map. Was told it may be a leaking injector
Ive had issues with leaky/fooked injectors in the past few month and the smell of fuel was unreal (plus the gallon and a half that came out my headers was a give away Laughing Laughing ), cant smell any fuel so very much doubt its leaking anywhere (could be wrong tho!)
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:38

It's a nightmare though I know that much,

The fuelling is bang on, the rolling road confirmed that, crank and cam are reading 11s so operating correctly according to the laptop.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:50

StickT wrote:
It's a nightmare though I know that much,

The fuelling is bang on, the rolling road confirmed that, crank and cam are reading 11s so operating correctly according to the laptop.
At least I haven't got long to wait to find out off Mr Forrest! ha
Back to top Go down
Mick T

Mick T

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 20:52

You having a full map or just a tweak
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 21:20

Mick T wrote:
You having a full map or just a tweak
When I originally got it mapped I had a fooked coil pack so it was missing under load so Andy mapped it on low boost and high boost and then said to find out what the problem was (unsure at the time - could have been plugs, coil pack or both) and try it after that, when I found it to be a coil pack I changed it, that fixed the missfire but now the EML comes on (flashes on and off) from 4.5k onwards so he'll just tweak the original map, then hopefully that will sort it

Not starting when hot Praying
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 21:37

Hi maca daft question but is your fuel pump buzzing in when you first turn the key
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyMon 11 Nov - 21:41

Yes mate pump is priming as per Wink 
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyTue 12 Nov - 19:41

i had almost the same on my blobeye sti and it was crank position sensor
changed it and it fired up
not sure you're having the same problem thou
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot EmptyWed 13 Nov - 10:31

keffer wrote:
i had almost the same on my blobeye sti and it was crank position sensor
changed it and it fired up
not sure you're having the same problem thou
Cheers for info mate, ill see what comes of sunday and then go from there, I know somewhere where there are a few sensors lying I could borrow to try Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not starting when hot   Not starting when hot Empty

Back to top Go down

Not starting when hot
Page 1 of 1