North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

brakes locked on ?ideas please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crad08

crad08

brakes locked on ?ideas please Empty
PostSubject: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyTue 24 Aug - 16:45

was driving the car the other day , all was fine , then as i aproched a roundabout felt a few judders , drove off then it seemed as sumit was holding the car bk , got to the point where the car wudent budge hardley, warning light on dash saying anti lock etc , any ideas what this cud be please ,so parked car up and left it . please help
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyTue 24 Aug - 18:50

could it be that clutch /brake link up thing ..my pal had similar thing on car he was fixing Question
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyTue 24 Aug - 20:25

baldy wrote:
could it be that clutch /brake link up thing ..my pal had similar thing on car he was fixing Question
thanks 4 reply mate. im not sure mate i have just had my sport converted to full turbo running gear , this was the 1st time i had driven it , it was about 10 miles into driving it then that happend, how wud u mend it mate ? if it where that problem any more ides please ?
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyTue 24 Aug - 20:27

just checked car the brakes have freed themselfs overnite , but dont wana drive it again as this will prob happen again ? so any ideas wud be helpfull thanks
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyTue 24 Aug - 20:41

baldy wrote:
is it the hill start thingy ?
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyTue 24 Aug - 21:23

think so .. scratch pmd
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyTue 24 Aug - 23:05

crad08 wrote:
was driving the car the other day , all was fine , then as i aproched a roundabout felt a few judders , drove off then it seemed as sumit was holding the car bk , got to the point where the car wudent budge hardley, warning light on dash saying anti lock etc , any ideas what this cud be please ,so parked car up and left it . please help

i take it ya have checked the pistons arnt seized in calliper/s, and also make sure yav put the correct in line valve on vacum pipe for servo or yal be putting boost pressure into the servo Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyWed 25 Aug - 7:24

Andy K wrote:
crad08 wrote:

i take it ya have checked the pistons arnt seized in calliper/s, and also make sure yav put the correct in line valve on vacum pipe for servo or yal be putting boost pressure into the servo Shocked Shocked
i hope not lol il do sum checks today Laughing ,,,, when we swaped the engines etc i think we did away with the hill start clutch,brake thingy ,, not thinking we wud need it but i kept it anyway . by refitting this cud this maybe resolve the problem , thanks 4 the help ,, the car had only been driven forthe 10 miles after the engine swap etc then this happend Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please EmptyWed 25 Aug - 10:06

the hill start mechanism locks the front brake lines so you'll need to give that a check. other than that, as andy says, the vacuum hose to the brake servo has a one way valve in it to stop boost going into it. make sure youve got that fitted the correct way Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brakes locked on ?ideas please   brakes locked on ?ideas please Empty

Back to top Go down

brakes locked on ?ideas please
Page 1 of 1