North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

KGT in Technical Section eh ?

Go down 
+6
kgt
Stisi
Marshffs
nico68 (John)
atwrx
andyden71
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

KGT in Technical Section eh ? Empty
PostSubject: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 15:15

Well.......I guess technically......this is goosed then is it ???

KGT in Technical Section eh ? 20150310

KGT in Technical Section eh ? 20150311

KGT in Technical Section eh ? 20150312

Last edited by kgt on Wed 11 Mar - 17:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 15:53

There's loads of life left in that good for another 20,000 miles Keith hehehehe lol I agree it looks f**k*d
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 16:01

Well you should be able to expect more nowadays, £600+ and a lifetime gaurantee.

Last edited by kgt on Wed 11 Mar - 17:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 16:03

Who's is it? (Manufacturer I mean)

Could weld it up I reckon though.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 17:38

I'm glad you say that Alan, I'm waiting for the manufacturer to comment. Problem is I'm without a car for now. Luckily I know a guy who's confident he can fix it, but it shouldnt be broken in the first place. I talked to Kindon earlier and as he put it to me, a full stainless system thats been on the car 2.5 yrs, just done 12K miles and certainly never abused in any way should be rock solid. Lets see what Cobra has to say. Stuck betwen rock and hard place for now - could get it fixed tonight probably, but then I cant claim on warranty. If I wait for judgement on warranty claim then I dont have any wheels.....

Lian and John did best to help out today loaning me a quad backbox, but Steven Jones helpfully pointed out it wouldnt fit my centre section. So I need a full hatch system off someone on loan till I get this sorted or drop any kind of claim and just bite the bullet and try to get it welded.

Not what I was expecting to sort out today........... Neutral
Back to top Go down
nico68 (John)

nico68 (John)

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 18:12

My sons got one off a hatch wrx but the back box is stuck to the centre sectio,( bolts rusted on )if that's any good for now.don't know whether it will fit a sti though
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 18:14

John, thats a god shout mate. Kindon seems to think it should. Let me see what happens tomorrow / Friday and I may be over early doors at weekend to grab it.

Can you PM me your address and contact details please.

cheers
Back to top Go down
nico68 (John)

nico68 (John)

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 18:25

Sent pm
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 18:49

Ill weld it no bother Keith.
Back to top Go down
Stisi

Stisi

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 19:18

I also have a cobra system on mine.They should be able to send you a tail pipe out to you especially if its lifetime guarantee as it just clamps on to the backbox. If your stuck mate i have original system from cat back in the garage that you can borrow. It would mean you coming down to teeside for it and would probly need a van or estate car to pick it up as mine too is all in 1 piece and bolts are seized solid.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 21:25

Thanks for all the support folks really appreciate it.

1) Got the offer off John to go and get a system from Hpool which I'll hopefuly do Saturday. Any probs with that and I'll drop you a line Si.

2) Ta for the offers of welding, Ive just been up to see a colleague who's got a set up at home that would put the lair of a james bond villian to shame. I was wondering where all the gear from Deckers has been going over the years, I think Ive just found it. He's making a rally car at the moment.....from scratch Shocked

3) Hoping that Cobra see the photos and say, oooops sorry, heres a free pipe for all your heartache.

Whatever happens I think Ive got it covered from a few angles, all thanks to the lovely boys and gilrs on here. Give yourselves a pat on the back, you are all utterly fanchapstick. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 21:31

kgt wrote:
Hoping that Cobra see the photos and say, oooops sorry, heres a free pipe for all your heartache.[/

They should do!! There's no way that should be rusted through at that age!
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 21:37

Agree Maca and give them their dues, Ive spoken to them twice today and they said exactly the same thing. Thankfully they understand my position. I bought the car brand new from the dealer and the dealer fitted the pipework as new to my car, but I dont have any evidence of that and the dealer is long gone unfortunately and theres no reference to it on my sales papers.

That said, in my opinion lifetime warranty should be what it says on the tin. I'll send it back to them if necessary because if this is a manufacturing fault through bad process then they need to sort it, whether the warranty my stuff or not - it just shouldnt happen.

To be honest I'm more worried that they'll look at the photos and say......"thats not a Cobra system fella, you've been had" Head in hands

Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 21:44

Imagine that! it would be soul destroying! Laughing

Fingers crossed it gets sorted mate
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 22:01

Or they will say "im sorry but that nut on the exhaust clamp isn't a standard Cobra one" get fooked lol.
It's been known.
hope you get sorted marra
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 22:09

Marshffs wrote:
Or they will say "im sorry but that nut on the exhaust clamp isn't a standard Cobra one" get fooked lol.
It's been known.
hope you get sorted marra

Oh Ive turned all those scenarios over mate. I'm working on the basis of getting no joy, in which case anything at all is an upside.

Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyWed 11 Mar - 22:12

You're saying you're without a car? Why? Can't you just remove the tail pipes? They Clamp on. Or is that where mounting points are?
Back to top Go down
Stisi

Stisi

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyThu 12 Mar - 7:43

On the back box it should say cobra facing downwards
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyThu 12 Mar - 11:15

atwrx wrote:
You're saying you're without a car? Why? Can't you just remove the tail pipes? They Clamp on. Or is that where mounting points are?

OK, so strictly speaking I'm probably being a fairy. Folks have said I could run it but I'm just leaving it jacked up in the garage for now. So technically I'm without a ride, but not suffering as such. I'll work from home rest of this week.

The manufacturer has just called to say theyve got the photos and are assessing and they'll call me back. If I dont hear back by 1pm I'll be on their case.

If I could get that Y section off the end of the single pipe without destroying it, I'll just slot the single section wiht the hanger back on the car and ride aobut like that for as long as it takes. But I cant shift those clamp nuts at the moment, will have to have another go later.
Any other advice apart from plenty of WD40 and Mans arms as opposed to the kate moss versions Ive got ?

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyThu 12 Mar - 14:30

Zorst on the way to my mate to be welded.

Cobra said they wouldn't honour lifetime warranty on it as I have no proof that I'm the original purchaser.....but that they'd sell me just the end piece at cost, which they wouldnt normally do.

I'd planned for the worst so as far as I'm concerned if its not under warranty I may as well weld it and see how I go. If it doesnt work Ive got a fall back plan.

What niggles me is that "lifetime warranty" should mean just that. either youve got confidence in your products in the first place to offer it, or you havent.

How is the pipe compromised by transfer of title ?

What frailties are exposed through an exchange of pound notes ?

Doesn't really make sense. The lads there were decent enough but........blah blah blah

Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyThu 12 Mar - 18:29

that is just rediculess that they won't send you the piece under warrenty
and a lame excuse that you can't prove you've bought it new....
Back to top Go down
GRUMP

GRUMP

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyThu 12 Mar - 19:46

Places only offer the lifetime warranty because in sounds good to people, but in reality how many people are gonna keep proof of purchases of something they bought 5 or 10 years ago, they basically know that eventually a product will fail in some way but by then nobody will be fussed to claim it on warranty or have the original proof of purchase

Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyThu 12 Mar - 20:17

Bit of heat on it to loosen the nuts mate. Can't beat a bit of heat to loosen your nuts.
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyThu 12 Mar - 20:24

Heats the way forward, best 2 consumable tools in the garage. Heat and grease
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? EmptyFri 13 Mar - 9:02

Ok, so apply grease directly to my nuts then heat them up. Got it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? Empty

Back to top Go down

KGT in Technical Section eh ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next