North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

KGT in Technical Section eh ?

Go down 
+6
kgt
Stisi
Marshffs
nico68 (John)
atwrx
andyden71
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
atwrx

atwrx

KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Mar - 9:44

Don't apply grease unless you want to set your nuts on fire.....then you may as well go the whole hog and do back, sack and crack.

Hang on, I think this topic has drifted.

Anyway, if you do apply heat to your nuts and grease them, don't forget to give them a good wrench around. You may want to get a big strong man to help you with that bit. I've generally used Andy Kindon, he's canny good at winding your nuts off.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Mar - 17:46

kgt wrote:
Zorst on the way to my mate to be welded.

Cobra said they wouldn't honour lifetime warranty on it as I have no proof that I'm the original purchaser.....but that they'd sell me just the end piece at cost, which they wouldnt normally do.

I'd planned for the worst so as far as I'm concerned if its not under warranty I may as well weld it and see how I go. If it doesnt work Ive got a fall back plan.

What niggles me is that "lifetime warranty" should mean just that. either youve got confidence in your products in the first place to offer it, or you havent.

How is the pipe compromised by transfer of title ?

What frailties are exposed through an exchange of pound notes ?

Doesn't really make sense. The lads there were decent enough but........blah blah blah

Pleased your getting sorted mate Lucky!

I can understand where they are coming from with regards to "lifetime warranty" (sorry!!!)

If the original buyer had the product and had proof of purchase and no modifications were made then I would imagine they would honour their "lifetime warranty" - same as anything else!! But once the product is sold on then they have perfect reason not to pay up Crying or Very sad That's just the way things go nowadays mate and you must have sensed that by preparing for the worst lol

Once its welded it will be strong again and no worries for a while lol
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Apr - 8:07

So it transpires that my Y-pipe was too degraded to be welded.

Actually I should clarify that statement......it was just about ok / border line until somone attempted the get the rusty clamp off, whereupon the effort applied snapped the tw@t in half.

At which point it fell into the "too degraded" bucket.......shortly after one half bounced off the garage wall.

However once I'd calmed down and assessed the situation I turned my attention to a new problem.

If only I'd had the forethought not to throw the jagged ended 50% of exhaust it in the general direction of the car.

Hopefully that will polish out......Head in hands
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Apr - 13:15

kgt wrote:
So it transpires that my Y-pipe was too degraded to be welded.

Actually I should clarify that statement......it was just about ok / border line until somone attempted the get the rusty clamp off, whereupon the effort applied snapped the tw@t in half.

At which point it fell into the "too degraded" bucket.......shortly after one half bounced off the garage wall.

However once I'd calmed down and assessed the situation I turned my attention to a new problem.

If only I'd had the forethought not to throw the jagged ended 50% of exhaust it in the general direction of the car.

Hopefully that will polish out......Head in hands

lol!

You angry man! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KGT in Technical Section eh ?   KGT in Technical Section eh ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

KGT in Technical Section eh ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2