North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clundgelicker

clundgelicker

water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! Empty
PostSubject: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyMon 10 Oct - 21:25

hello chaps any ideas why water is in the header exhaust i took turbo off to change over to the md321t and iv not used the car since fri night till today and cranked engine over to only get soaked to the fecking skin in antifreeze/water from my knowledge it is either the head gasket or the exhaust ports leaking thro... the inlets and exhaust ports are ported and polished up but i cant see it been cracked as it will of been inspected on the engine build up i recon
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyMon 10 Oct - 21:55

take the headers off & see which one of the exhaust ports are wet at least that way you can narrow it down to a particular cyliner. Smae issue as mine which turned out to be a nice split in no4 cylinder wall, hopefully yours isn't as teminal.
Back to top Go down
clundgelicker

clundgelicker

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyMon 10 Oct - 22:00

maxboost wrote:
take the headers off & see which one of the exhaust ports are wet at least that way you can narrow it down to a particular cyliner. Smae issue as mine which turned out to be a nice split in no4 cylinder wall, hopefully yours isn't as teminal.

yer i ran out of light time at half 6 so had to pack tools away so pist off spent a fortune onit im gona pull the headers off tomoz thats what i was gona do tonight but its chill time Smile
Back to top Go down
clundgelicker

clundgelicker

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 12:12

well iv took the headers off and yep there is water come out of pot 4 the hole closest to the starter motor cracked liner i recon as spoke to chris @ eclipse. its in a 2.5 block i did have a water leak and it was come from the water pump we fixed that now this leak is real bad summit like 3 drips per second
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 12:16

mark you have nee luck with engines you like hopefully cludge itl not be as bad as marks as he says good luck matey
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 12:40

Put a bore scope down the cyliner to have a peek without having to remove the lump & head, but the way its looking lokks like it will probs have to come out anyway. Hope its not too bad bud.
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 12:51

if its a cracked liner its not going to be driping constantly into exhaust, pressuming valves are shut, excessive porting can cause heads to crack when subject to the hot gasses

Andy
Back to top Go down
clundgelicker

clundgelicker

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 13:57

Andy Kindon wrote:
if its a cracked liner its not going to be driping constantly into exhaust, pressuming valves are shut, excessive porting can cause heads to crack when subject to the hot gasses

Andy

im hoping its just the head that is cracked to gutted lads just spent a bomb on upgraded internals
Back to top Go down
dynamix

dynamix

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 15:01

If the head has been ported then they have got too close to the water jacket in that area and split it. there isnt much meat there to be taken off (and tbh not much benefit either as mine runs to 780bhp unported)

Shame but sounds like new head or pair of heads need IMO Sad

Who did the head work ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.racedynamix.com
clundgelicker

clundgelicker

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 16:05

dynamix wrote:
If the head has been ported then they have got too close to the water jacket in that area and split it. there isnt much meat there to be taken off (and tbh not much benefit either as mine runs to 780bhp unported)

Who did the head work ?

hi duncan self ported my self took away the valve seat and lowered the raise in port same as i do to the motocross bikes iv seen a mate of mine who is willing to weld it up for me so happy days if its just the head Smile
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 16:30

dynamix wrote:

Who did the head work ?

nowt like rubbing it in mate with the 780bhp Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
clundgelicker

clundgelicker

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 16:57

big deano wrote:
dynamix wrote:

Who did the head work ?

nowt like rubbing it in mate with the 780bhp Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Razz Razz

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy haha i a nar that is awsome power that i just want my scooby to run nice with no water leaks or knocks or bangs from the shockers had enough of pulling money out now wish i just scrapped it now to be honest Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
dynamix

dynamix

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! EmptyTue 11 Oct - 17:05

clundgelicker wrote:
dynamix wrote:

Who did the head work ?

hi duncan self ported my self took away the valve seat and lowered the raise in port same as i do to the motocross bikes iv seen a mate of mine who is willing to weld it up for me so happy days if its just the head Smile

Sorry wasnt trying to rub it in just saying it isnt really necessary and quite a risk without proper flow testing of the heads before and after. I think you would be better off putting new heads on it tbh as it is difficult to add material sufficient to strengthen it up and quite a risk considering the price of gaskets and time to take the engine out again if it isnt right afterwards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.racedynamix.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!   water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

water in the exhaust header wtf just had a full engine rebuild!!!!
Page 1 of 1