North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Which engine for the classic project EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Which engine for the classic project EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Which engine for the classic project EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Which engine for the classic project EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Which engine for the classic project EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Which engine for the classic project EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Which engine for the classic project EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Which engine for the classic project EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Which engine for the classic project EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Which engine for the classic project

Go down 
+5
kempy85
FINN
GIPA
Trev85
drew160387
9 posters
AuthorMessage
drew160387

Which engine for the classic project Empty
PostSubject: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptyFri 16 Mar - 20:42

Ok lads after possibly melting a piston or two im more than likly going for another engine rather than rebuild . Now im after a strong engine incase i decide to chase the bhp figures . It needs to be the 4 coil pack type so v1-3 if im correct.
Not after no 500 bhp or out just a range to possibly run 400-450 safe if i feel like aiming that high.

So which would be best to source as uk turbos just dont cut it lol

Wrx,sti ??? Also info would be nice from people in the know ie do i find a cdb or would a semi cdb do for that power range

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptyFri 16 Mar - 21:03

The v3 type r motor is one of the strongest will take around 400bhp on standard internals and is a CDB!! Not sure if all v3 motors are the same or its just the type r!
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptyFri 16 Mar - 21:49

Something like that sounds about right as ide like it safe as once its done i realy dont want to be sat waiting for it to go bang lol ide probly be over the not with 380 tbh
Back to top Go down
GIPA

GIPA

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptyFri 16 Mar - 23:43

V3 nd V4s arnt closed deck blocks Trevor there open deck, they just came on the 1st lot of classics nd 2.2cdb in 22bs
Back to top Go down
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySat 17 Mar - 0:20

Aww well ya learn summit new everyday lol! sure some1 told me that or I read it somewhere tho nevermind
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySat 17 Mar - 0:40

Trev85 wrote:
Aww well ya learn summit new everyday lol! sure some1 told me that or I read it somewhere tho nevermind
u have been doing a peril ???

= spending too many hours on google lol
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySat 17 Mar - 11:52

lol
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySat 17 Mar - 15:45

Ha ha ha, gipa is 100% correct by the way Laughing
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySun 6 May - 2:11

still have decided what to do with the engine in the car as of yet. been pondering about the sti engines. im considering on keeping the car of the road longer to gain more funds to throw at the engine side of things as im almost done and have everything but gushes to rebuild the shell up ready to take its engine.
soooo what are the standard sti internals good for? as i said above im after near as dam it to 360-400bhp, i understand the standard uk engines just would cut it or maybe they might hit it it but not last the day how much of that is true i couldnt say.

so standard sti to fit my v2 loom so the 4 coil pack type heads. whats there max power and would 360-400 run reliable and safe or for that power am i looking into forged piston in a semi closed deck or cdb with stronger rods.

sorry for the questions on this just ide much rather get some knoledge from you guys whos been there done that and possibly killed a few in a learning curve lol

cheers again lads
Back to top Go down
mitchsti

mitchsti

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySun 6 May - 8:59

GIPA wrote:
V3 nd V4s arnt closed deck blocks Trevor there open deck, they just came on the 1st lot of classics nd 2.2cdb in 22bs

Sorry for hyjacking thread Daz

But does this mean my M plate wrx is a closed deck, thought it was open.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySun 6 May - 11:47

Open mate, only the k plate v1 had a 2.0 CDB
Back to top Go down
dicca

dicca

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySun 6 May - 11:55

Jonny Gav wrote:

My L reg ra is CDB mate u can tell by the hatch marks below the altinater Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mitchsti

mitchsti

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySun 6 May - 12:39

Jonny Gav wrote:

Cheers Jonny
Back to top Go down
potter.adam20

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptySun 6 May - 12:44

I have a closed deck engine if u want one
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptyMon 7 May - 13:30

Trev85 wrote:
The v3 type r motor is one of the strongest will take around 400bhp on standard internals and is a CDB!! Not sure if all v3 motors are the same or its just the type r!

so lads from this a cdb motor is where im going to have to go? and the type r internals. are these on there limits near 400 bhp or will these take more than 400. whats there max power you can put through them as i say i want around the 400 mark in the project but would relisticly settle for a little less for more drivabilty as it will be used alot.

then comes the gearbox will the sti boxes hold that kind of power with a uprated clutch or am i tetering around the 6 speed territorty
ive read up a fair bit about it all but its mainly all from the big companys or lads who throw like 10k at the engines alone. over the time im building it up i expect to pay around the 4-5k if not more getting it up to stndard but im in no hurry

again i thank you for your time as im still learning about these bloody imprezas

Back to top Go down
potter.adam20

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project EmptyMon 7 May - 16:17

That engine is on eBay finishing at 8 tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which engine for the classic project   Which engine for the classic project Empty

Back to top Go down

Which engine for the classic project
Page 1 of 1